Mission of the job:
The Network Engineer is responsible for developing, managing, and actively monitoring the global Eurofit network, including local branch networks.
Main areas of responsibility:
- You will be responsible for the deployment, daily management, and support of the group’s network infrastructure (HQ in Zaventem and 18 plants).
- You will operate and maintain the global monitoring solution and ensure proactive remediation of potential incidents.
- Together with the Network Architect and Infrastructure Architect, you will participate in defining group standards for networking (topology, security, hardware).
- Building and testing low-level design documents based on existing high-level design and standards documents is part of your mission.
- You will report to the Group IT Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent through experience.
- You have a minimum of three years of relevant professional hands-on experience.
- You have solid technical network engineering skills and good knowledge of layer 2 & 3 network technologies.
- You have experience in high available architectures and secure network designs.
- Knowledgeable in FIREWALL, VPN, and SD-WAN technologies, preferably FORTINET.
- You can evaluate, test, administer and troubleshoot routers, switches, access points, and firewalls.
- You’re familiar with cloud environments like MS Azure, AWS, or Google cloud (MS Azure is an asset).
- Fluent in scripting languages and open source networking tools.
- You’re used to working in a team as well as independently.
- You have strong analytical, synthesis, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You have a result-oriented attitude with a sense of responsibility, initiative & ownership. And a strong concern for quality.
- Occasional travel to plants will be required. The frequency depends on active projects.
- Language: Fluent in English. Dutch, French, German, Spanish are an asset.
- Experience in international, multicultural environments is an asset.
What we offer:
- We’re offering a challenging job in an industry driven by innovation and automation with a chance to prove yourself and build a career in an international and multicultural environment.
- You’ll get a salary package in line with the market.
- Intensive, internal & external training opportunities are included on and off the job.
What makes us the employer of choice:
Being the proven European market leader in our business field, we thrive in flat hierarchies and focus on clear strategic growth opportunities. You become part of an international and dynamic team with a direct influence on our future success. Value-based leadership, continuous improvement, and manage the change are basics of our day to day business to strive for operational excellence.
Do you want to become part of our team?
Welcome to click “apply now” and send us your compelling application documents.
Questions left? Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.